Discovering Your Rights Concerning Child Support Matters
Child support in Delaware is mainly determined by the state's Child Support Formula and Guidelines. This formula takes into account:
- Both parents' income
- Child-related expenses
- The percentage of custody each parent has
- The number of children being supported
What Courts Look For When It Comes To Child Support
The formula is a fair one, but the calculation requires that the right information be entered, and that no relevant income is excluded. There is also the possibility, in certain situations, of deviating from court guidelines, when the special needs of individual children are taken into consideration.
The Right Child Support Calculation
Poole, Mensinger, Cutrona & Ellsworth-Aults, has extensive experience in income tracing, and has enjoyed good success in getting the right numbers on the table in this important calculation. When appropriate, we work with professional and vocational experts to establish the other party's actual earning potential.
At Poole, Mensinger, Cutrona & Ellsworth-Aults, we apply our knowledge and experience in child support deliberations to ensure that decisions are just and correct.
Successfully Seeking Support Modifications And Enforcement
The services our child support lawyers provide encompass every financial element that bears on the best interests of the child. We help divorcing parties in all these areas:
- Understanding state support guidelines
- Negotiating child support through the process of mediation
- Litigating, when necessary, issues relating to child support
- Modifying child support orders when conditions change
- Enforcing child support orders that are being ignored